Friday 5 February 2021

THE KINKS GUITARIST DAVE DAVIES ON REUNITING - "WE’VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT IT; I MEAN THERE’S A LOT OF MATERIAL AND, YOU KNOW, IT COULD STILL HAPPEN"

 

In a new interview with Geoff Edgers for Washington Post, Dave Davies, guitarist and co-founder of The Kinks, discusses a number of topics, including a possible band reunion. An excerpt follows:-

Q: You reunited about five years ago, and Ray (Davies) got up there and played a song with you. What is the state of play with The Kinks and you and your brother today?

Dave Davies: "We’ve been talking about it. I mean there’s a lot of material and, you know, it could still happen."

Q: I think about 'Lola' and 'Powerman' and the way you worked as partners creatively, but I feel like every time I read about what's going on recently, it's like Ray calls you in and says, 'Dave, I've got some stuff.' But can you really create something special that's a partnership when it feels like not as much of a partnership?

Davies: "Yeah, but when you’re brothers, you’re locked into the emotion, and if there’s a love of connection and music - I mean, music to me, it saved my life when I was a young man because I was a rebellious kid. And a rebellious old man."

Read the complete interview at WashingtonPost.com


No comments:

Post a Comment