Monday 24 February 2014

Wilko Johnson: “Imagine Roger Daltrey saying to you, ‘I’ll sing whatever you like.’ So I took advantage…”


Wilko Johnson and Roger Daltrey reveal all about their new collaborative album in the upcoming issue of Uncut, dated April 2014 and out on Friday (February 28).

The Who’s Daltrey and Johnson, who revealed last year that he is suffering from terminal cancer, release the punchy Going Back Home on March 10 through Chess.
 
“Finding out Wilko’s condition,” Daltrey tells Uncut, “I just said to him, ‘You choose the songs and I’ll have a go at singing whatever you throw at me.’ It was all done in a real rush. But so much modern music is over-polished and this album has a freshness. Fast, three-minute R’n’B songs. No bullshit. Just great songs.”

“Imagine Roger Daltrey saying to you, ‘I’ll sing whatever you like’,” says Wilko Johnson. “So I took advantage…”

For a review of the album and a full interview with Johnson and Daltrey, check out the new Uncut, out on Friday (February 28).

Photo: Andrew Naughton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pete Townshend's interview with Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show

  https://www.facebook.com/share/v/3jtY2ppd11c1a7Wt/?mibextid=WC7FNe