Friday 6 February 2015

New Issue of Uncut - Steve Cropper: “I don’t practise! I don’t want to get too good at this…”


Steve Cropper takes us through 10 of the greatest songs he played on or co-wrote in the new issue of Uncut, dated March 2015 and out now. 

Cropper recalls the stories behind Stax cuts by Booker T & The MG’s (above, with Cropper top centre), Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett and more, as well as his later work with John Lennon, Neil Young, Big Star and the Blues Brothers. 

“Do I practise guitar?” says Cropper. “My wife asked me that 27 years ago and I said, ‘I don’t practise! We don’t do that!’ 

“We might rehearse a song we haven’t played before, but I don’t want to get too good at this! I guess that’s where the simplicity of my playing comes from.” 

The new Uncut, dated March 2015, is out now. 

Read more at: -
 
http://www.uncut.co.uk/node/21271#S3fT8MsymBdmIwKj.99

No comments:

Post a Comment