Wednesday 10 February 2016

It's a 10 from Len! The Strictly judge reveals his top holiday destinations


http://www.radiotimes.com/offers/travel/news/2016-02-07/its-a-10-from-len-the-strictly-judge-reveals-his-top-holiday-destinations

Camping in Brighton

"When I was 17 I was a mod with a Vespa scooter, and me and my mates went down to Brighton at weekends. We’d go down Saturday, come home Sunday night. We had a bell tent and we used to always go into the same pub called the Mayflower, right on the beach. Nearby was another pub, the Fortune of War, where all the rockers went.
"Eventually, of course, there was a big fight on the beach and the police came, though I got through it all unscathed. I’ve never been much of a drinker, but I’d have a couple of halves of Red Barrel, the popular beer at the time. Purple Hearts [amphetamine pills] were the thing, but I don’t know if they had any effect on me. And definitely not the old wacky baccy, we never got into that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Detail Magazine - Issue 12 Out Now!

  The Spring issue of Detail - features on Dee C Lee, Gabicci, Ted Carroll, Eddie Piller, Jimmy Smith, Tim Vickery, Tony Briggs, Paul Smiler...