Thursday 22 January 2015

Paul Weller tells NME that he is 'taking risks and a few chances' on new album


Paul Weller had said that his forthcoming album 'Saturn's Pattern' is "just bonkers in places". 

Weller speaks about the album in the new issue of NME, which is on newsstands now and available digitally, saying that it is an album that involved him "taking a few risks and a few chances." 

"It's just bonkers in places but it's really melodic, there's great tunes on there," he says. "It's a little bit of a leap into the unknown, really. I don't know where it will take me, I have no idea. I wouldn't say it's dance because I wouldn't do a dance record as such, but it's got a lot of movement to it. It's gone past my expectations, in a way."

It was recently reported that Weller is against the idea of a future Oasis reunion, after Noel Gallagher stated that the former Jam frontman would "put my fucking windows in" if it happened.

Later this year Weller will embark on a UK tour  which will see him towns and cities "often missed" by artists on tour in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Story Of The Who - out tomorrow for RSD 2024!

  Often regarded as the most complete Who Best Of, this version comes with a replica of the original 8-page booklet and has been pressed on ...