Thursday 22 May 2014

Paul Weller: “For all my love of the ’60s, I still wouldn’t want to be living in any other time but now”


Paul Weller looks back on his days with The Jam and forward to his adventurous new music in the latest issue of Uncut, out on Friday (May 23).

As he prepares to release his latest greatest hits collection, More Modern Classics, Weller rails against politicians and box-sets, plots sci-fi memoirs and some unlikely collaborations, and finds new ways to celebrate the enduring, evolving power of music.

“I’m not scared of the new,” he explains. “For all of my love of the ’60s, be it clothes or music, I still wouldn’t want to be living in any other time but now.

“If I had a time machine, maybe I might go back to 1964 to the Flamingo and see Stevie Wonder, but I wouldn’t want to stay there. I like the modern.”

The new issue of Uncut, dated July 2014, is out on Friday (May 23).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Detail Magazine - Issue 12 Out Now!

  The Spring issue of Detail - features on Dee C Lee, Gabicci, Ted Carroll, Eddie Piller, Jimmy Smith, Tim Vickery, Tony Briggs, Paul Smiler...